CSE Reviewer - Synonyms and Antonyms, English Verbal Ability

1. Which sentence uses “famish” correctly?    

    
A. After the straight exam, I felt too exhausted and famished to eat my favourite foods.    
B. I could eat a horse, I am famish now.    
C. I famished my stomach next time you treat me to a meal out.    
D. I will bring lots of pizza, that’s a famish.    
    
Answer:    A. After the straight exam, I felt too exhausted and famished to eat my favourite foods.
    
2. Priscila _______ rather not invest her savings in the stock market.    
    
A. must    
B. has to    
C. could    
D. would    
    
Answer:     D. would
    
3. Did you have any problem ______ our house?    
    
A. search    
B. to search    
C. searching    
D. for searching    
    
Answer:    C. searching
    
4. I hope you don’t mind _____ joining you.    
    
A. to be    
B. I had been    
C. that I may    
D. my    
    
Answer:    D. my
    
5. Most basketball players are 6 ____ tall or more.    
    
A. foot    
B. feet    
C. foots    
D. feets    
    
Answer:    B. feet
    
6. These children _____ how to improvise more props for the play.    
    
A. knew    
B. knows    
C. know    
D. known    
    
Answer:    C. know
    
7. The company will upgrade ______ computer systems next week.    
    
A. there    
B. their    
C. its    
D. it’s    
    
Answer:    C. its
    
8. Clara ___________ three thousand words for her essay.    
    
A. have wrote    
B. has wrote    
C. have written    
D. has written    
    
Answer:    D. has written
    
9. You have too many _______ but few time to prove you’re right.    
    
A. hypothesis    
B. hypotheses    
C. hyphothesises    
D. hypothesess    
    
Answer:    B. hypotheses
    
10. Neither Sarah nor Tina _______ the crime yesterday.    
    
A. witness    
B. witnesses    
C. witnessed    
D. witnessing    
    
Answer:    C. witnessed
    
11. You do like going to the party alone. _____ you?    
    
A. Does    
B. Doesn’t    
C. Do    
D. Don’t    
    
Answer:    D. Don’t
    
12. We had our house _______ in yellow.    
    
A. painting    
B. painted    
C. paint    
D. to paint    
    
Answer:    B. painted
    
13. He has been exercising but his immune system was steadily _________.    
    
A. weak    
B. weaken    
C. weakened    
D. weakening    
    
Answer:    D. weakening
    
14. I was ______ that the weather would be sunny and we would be able to enjoy our swimming.    
    
A. hopeless    
B. hopeful    
C. hopelike    
D. hopely    
    
Answer:    B. hopeful
    
15. I think it’s not a great idea. I totally ______.    
    
A. misagree    
B. unagree    
C. inagree    
D. disagree    
    
Answer:    D. disagree
    
16. So many ___________ I found in the library, now I’m ready to report.    
    
A. information    
B. informations    
C. infoes    
D. infos    
    
Answer:    A. information
    
17. My grandpa always feed his flock of _______ early in the morning.    
    
A. sheeps    
B. sheep    
C. ships    
D. ship    
    
Answer:    B. sheep
    
18. Happy memories are always remembered, not ________.    
    
A. forget    
B. forgets    
C. forgot    
D. forgotten    
    
Answer:    D. forgotten
    
19. Flight Z735 ______ yesterday. 350 passengers died in that accident.    
    
A. crush    
B. crushed    
C. crash    
D. crashed    
    
Answer:    D. crashed
    
20. There is a ________ message when you look closely at her painting.    
    
A. hid    
B. hide    
C. hided    
D. hidden    
    
Answer:    D. hidden